toner cartridge issue

Someone chatting me to help him,
   he asked : I just replaced toner with a new toner cartridge. Printer works but still shows error message to replace toner. Could this be because I just opened and installed the starter cartridge that came with the printer? When I set the printer up I installed a new high yield cartridge.
What can I do?
I have unplugged the printer, rebooted the PC. taken the cartridge back out and put it back in several times. I did shake the cartridge side to side and I moved the cleaner for the wire on the drum.

The answer:
  This is part drum reset but as long as you follow the steps correctly it will clear the message of *Replace toner* (Be aware of step 5) Let me know how you get on.
1. On the printer, open the front toner compartment door.
2. The Printer display will read, “Front cover open.”
3. Press the “Clear” button.
4. Printer will beep and the display should read, “Replace Drum?”
5. This is the tricky part, ignore the replace drum instructions. Instead on the keypad type in “*00″.
6. Display should read, “Accepted”.

7. Close the toner access door, the printer will initialize and be reset.

Hope can help you solve your question~✌✌



For any question or suggestion leave a comment❤❤

评论

the hot blogger

The printer goes offline and won't come back on/wake up

Common Printer Problems & Solutions